- 1 How much is a social media marketer paid?
- 2 How much should you spend on social media marketing?
- 3 How social media marketing is done?
- 4 Is social media manager a good job?
- 5 What is a good marketing budget?
- 6 What is a good budget for social media advertising?
- 7 What should you charge for social media marketing in 2020?
- 8 What is a major downside to social media content marketing?
- 9 What is the benefit of social media marketing?
- 10 What are the 6 types of social media?
- 11 How much should I pay a social media manager?
- 12 How much should a social media manager get paid?
- 13 What does a social media manager do all day?
Social Media Marketing Salaries
|Hello Social Social Media Manager salaries – 11 salaries reported||$65,000/yr|
|Hello Social Senior Social Media Manager salaries – 4 salaries reported||$84,500/yr|
|Bluefin Resources Social Media Manager salaries – 2 salaries reported||$48/hr|
The answer: The industry average settles between $200 to $350 per day. This average comes from an analysis by The Content Factory, looking at the cost to outsource social media marketing services. They found that $4,000-$7,000 per month was the industry average, which works out to the above per-day costs.
Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms to connect with your audience to build your brand, increase sales, and drive website traffic. For example, Buffer is a platform of social media management tools, which can help you achieve success with your social media marketing.
Getting paid to be on Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Pinterest, and other popular social media channels may sound like a dream come true. And for many, it is. PayScale indicates that the job satisfaction of social media managers comes in at a 3.8 out of 5, or “highly satisfied” rating.
What is a good marketing budget?
The U.S. Small Business Administration recommends spending 7 to 8 percent of your gross revenue for marketing and advertising if you’re doing less than $5 million a year in sales and your net profit margin – after all expenses – is in the 10 percent to 12 percent range.
How much should you budget for social media advertising? While every company’s social media ad strategy varies, most businesses spend $200 to $350 per day on social media advertisements. That translates to $6000 to $10,500 per month and $72,000 to $126,000 per year.
Many newbie social media managers charge approximately $25 – $35 an hour to start, typically between 10 or 20 hours per month per client. This means that each client is worth $250 – $700 per month.
Using social media for content marketing can be relatively expensive. What is a big downside of social media content marketing? Knowing your audience and creating content that you know they are interested in is a great way to get them to pay more attention to you.
With consistent updating, the right social media marketing strategy will lead to increased traffic, better SEO, higher conversion rates, improved brand loyalty, and much more. There are virtually no reasons not to implement social media into your marketing strategy.
The 6 Types of Social Media With Examples
- Social Networks. Examples: Facebook, LinkedIn.
- Bookmarking Sites. Examples: Pinterest, Flipboard, Diggs.
- Social news. Examples: Digg.
- Media Sharing. Examples: Pinterest, YouTube, Vimeo.
- Blog comments and forums.
- Social Review Sites.
- Community Blogs.
If you opt to go hourly, newer social media freelancer rates can hover around $15-$50 per hour. For more intermediate social media marketers, they can make $50-100 per hour. And an experienced social media manager can make $120+ or much higher.
An Experienced Social Media Manager earns an average salary of $63,294 per year, with the top earners reaching $97K. PayScale’s US data also shows there is a steady increase in salary based on the number of years experience: Entry-level (0-5 yrs) $42,000. Mid-career (5-10 yrs) $58,000.
According to monster.com, “ social media managers are responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies for a business’s social media sites. This might include blogging, creating social media profiles, managing regular posts and responding to followers.”